The medical cannabis industry is growing rapidly, with senior citizens making up the majority of its consumer base. According to an analysis, citizens over 65 consume 13 different medicinal drugs every day. It is exhausting to consume so many prescription drugs. The effects of having to deal with a number of medical conditions can be quite debilitating. It’s even more frustrating when patients also have to deal with side effects. That’s when medical cannabis comes into play.
Globally, medical cannabis has become increasingly popular due to its versatility as a healing agent. It seems quite enticing to have the same product treat multiple medical conditions in your body at the same time. Cannabis is free of most side effects typically associated with prescription medications.
Cannabis may help reduce nausea, pain, mental instability, and other symptoms. It may also improve your gut function and help you sleep better. Even chronic medical conditions like cancer and arthritis are being managed with them around the world. Stick around to learn more about why cannabis medical use is exploding.
How Can Cannabis Address Different Medical Conditions
Cannabis is the powerhouse of over one hundred cannabinoids that can interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system. Cannabinoid receptors are present all over your body and significantly play multiple functions. For example:
- Cannabinoids can impact liver function by interacting with the cannabinoid receptors in your liver.
- These cannabinoid receptors are also responsible for activating certain processes of neurotransmission in the body. This is how the production of certain neurotransmitters can be increased or decreased accordingly.
- Cannabinoids like CBD are capable of promoting the production of healthy fatty acids in your body.
- Cannabinoids can directly influence CB2 receptors. These CB2 receptors are expressed on immune cells as well. This implies that cannabinoids can directly impact the working of your immune system by interacting with these CB2 receptors.
- CB2 receptors are also directly involved in the body mechanisms related to the management of pain. The cannabinoids of the cannabis plant directly interact with CB2 receptors to improve pain symptoms.
- Cannabinoids interact with the adenosine receptors in your body. This interaction helps your body naturally feel sleepy. It enables you to sleep better and promotes healing processes during sleep.
Benefits Of Medical Cannabis:
Here is why medical cannabis is preferred over conventional medications:
1. Replace Harmful Opioids
Opioids are strong pain-killing agents used for debilitating conditions involving chronic pain. Well, something that most users aren’t aware of is that they can pose serious threats to your health. Although opioids can effectively address pain, your liver may suffer serious damage in the long run. You may also develop an addiction to these medications.
Today, medical cannabis is the safer way to cope with chronic pain that is only curable by opioids. In other words, cannabis can play a significant role as a safer alternative to harmful opioids.
2. All-in-one Solution
When using conventional prescription medications, your body needs a different drug for each medical condition. Finding a medication that can address multiple health issues simultaneously seems difficult. Medical cannabis products can take over multiple medical treatments you have to go through. It may also cut down the need for invasive medical procedures. This makes everything a lot more convenient for patients going through several conditions.
3. The Plethora Of Choices Never Lets You Get Bored
Unlike conventional prescription drugs, cannabis is available in a huge range of products, each with a different administration method. From mouthwatering edibles to potent tinctures, you have a whole world of options, and you can pick your product according to your choices. You do not have to step out of your comfort zone to seek relief from your medical conditions. Create a cannabis regimen that conveniently fits into your lifestyle and enjoy the health benefits.
Why cannabis medical use is exploding? Well, the answer is pretty clear. Cannabis brings convenience and relief to your life at the same time. People are switching to medical cannabis because of the multiple factors that make it a lot more suitable than other prescription medications.