Around 2010, shatter became increasingly popular as a rich cannabis concentrate. At this time, cannabis concentrates reached their peak popularity among users. The idea of using the best shatter strains or similar concentrates is quite appealing to those looking for something potent. Despite some critics criticizing shatter’s effects for its high THC concentration, shatter remains immensely popular for the same reasons.
Shatter is preferred over other products for medicinal and recreational uses because of its high potency. It can have rapid effects, which is quite a desirable feature for most users. Here’s everything you need to know about shatter. Stick around to learn more about shatter, the coolest products to get your hands on, and a lot more.
What is Shatter? Potency and Effects
Shatter is a rich cannabis concentrate. As for what it looks like, it closely resembles its name in appearance. It is glass-like and hard. If you break it apart, it literally “shatters” just like a piece of glass does. It looks mesmerizingly beautiful with its typical gold color.
It is widely considered one of the most potent kinds of concentrate. It isn’t always the case, though. The potency highly depends on how well the manufacturers make it. Various factors contribute to the potency of shatter. Everything, including the plant source and extraction method, affects the potency.
1. Amount Of THC In Shatter
Cannabis flower contains about 10 to 25% of THC, which is not the case with shatter. Shatter contains an enormously rich amount of THC that makes around 80% and sometimes even higher than this.
2. How Is Shatter Made?
Shatter is made through different extraction processes, varying widely in terms of cost and quality. The most common method of extracting shatter is the closed-loop extraction method.
Butane is the most commonly used solvent for the process of extraction. The first step is to grind the cannabis and stuff it inside a column, then let the solvent pass over it. This extracts all the required chemical components of cannabis. Now you have a mixture that contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other useful components.
After that, it’s time to heat the extract mixture to get rid of the solvent. A continuous heating process results in most of the solvent evaporating, leaving only the concentrate behind. Upon cooling, it forms a thin layer of glass-like material called shatter.
3. Preserving Shatter
If you want to shatter to last long, you must learn the right techniques to preserve it.
- Make sure to protect shatter from sunlight by storing it in a darker place. It is better to keep it in airtight containers.
- Shatter is pretty sensitive to light, oxygen, dwindling temperatures, and UV light.
- Exposure to extensively high heat may break the cannabinoids down. Also, this heat may activate them, which shouldn’t happen while being stored.
How To Use Shatter?
Regardless of the type of cannabis concentrate you’re going to use, you always need a dab rig, a water pipe, or a dab pen.
- You can also use a water pipe to smoke shatter. However, you need to ensure that your water pipe is fit for dabbing.
- Dab pens are always the perfect fit if you’re on a budget and want something handy. Dab pens are small, which not only makes them easily accessible but also highly discreet.
- Some people prefer using vaporizers for this purpose. The only drawback is that shatter needs to be heated up well at a temperature a lot higher than a vaporizer can provide. This way, you may not be able to enjoy the flavors and potential of your best shatter strain to the fullest.
- Remember that shatter needs high temperatures to be heated up. It gets hard to use shatter if you fail to provide an adequate amount of heat to the product. This is when handheld torches come to help. Use one to heat the nail and place the dab on it. Heat the shatter and enjoy.
Best Shatter Strains:
While getting your hands on shatter, you must pick products sourced from premium cannabis extracts only. Get your hands on the finest range of best shatter strains at Farmacy District.
1. Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake is one of the richest shatter concentrates you can get your hands on. If you’re looking for something with a potent formula containing about 90% THC, this is the best one for you. It incorporates pure THC paired with the richest blends of beneficial terpenes, cannabinoids, and trace amounts of other therapeutic components of the cannabis extracts.
2. Platinum OG
Are you looking for shatter that incorporates a rich blend of different strains? Platinum OG is as precious as its name, amalgamating three distinct strains to make this potent concentrate. No wonder why it’s known to be one of the most potent strains out there. Get your hands on this premium quality Indica-dominant strain today and enjoy the most potent effects merging the goodness of different terpenes and cannabinoids.
Skittlez brings you the most pleasing and satisfying effects if you’re looking for something unique and rich. It’s formulated through a unique cross of strains that comes out as a rich candy flavor you have never tried before. The unique Indica-dominant strain combines Grapefruit and Grape Ape.
As by the “fruity” name, Strawnana smells heavenly, just like a fruit punch of tropical fruits. It smells earthy with hints of fruity flavors. If you’re looking for something with potent sedating effects, go for it. Also, make sure to use it in the evening for a peaceful sleep at night.
Shatter is a beautiful glass-like and potent cannabis concentrate that you can consider using if you’re looking for rapid effects. However, picking the right product for yourself is important. Do not compromise on the quality of the product just to save a few bucks and go for the best shatter strains in terms of quality and potency.